Lifeguarding at School’s Out Activities
We provide fantastic opportunities for trained lifeguards at our venues which have use of pool facilities. These are currently:
- Ipswich High School has a wonderful indoor pool facility that we use during every school holiday. Thus we require lifeguards during every school holiday at this venue.
- Colchester Royal Grammar School has a stunning outdoor pool that we have use during May Half Term and the long Summer Holidays. Thus we require lifeguards during these periods.
- As the Camp Lifeguard, you will be in charge of all swimming sessions. Each course (Early Explorers, Creative Crew, Adrenaline Adventure, Next Generation) typically have their own swimming session. (Dependent on numbers on each course as sometimes courses swim together).
- You will be charged with delivering the swimming pool rules to each course every day (we have new children attending each day!). The rules will be in line with NOP (Normal Operating Procedures) of the venue’s swimming pool alongside the Policies and Procedures of School’s Out Activities.
- You will conduct width tests to older children to determine whether they are capable of swimming in deeper water.
- Delivering fun and safe water play activities (races, water polo, brick sinkers etc.)
- Outside of swimming sessions the chance to join other courses and learn activity instruction.
- You will NOT be responsible for the general maintenance of the pool as the venue site staff will deal with this (including chlorine levels etc.)
- All lifeguards with a current IQL National Pool Lifeguard Qualification can apply.
- Equivalent Lifeguarding qualification.