TERMS & CONDITIONS
BOOKINGS & PAYMENT
- Responsibility for the details of bookings and payments lies with the account owner making the booking.
- Acceptance of our booking Terms & Conditions means that the account owner is liable for full payment of the entire booking, even in the event of non-attendance and/or illness.
- BOOK NOW – PAY LATER bookings will initially be reserved. Children’s places are not confirmed until full payment has been received and cleared with School’s Out Activities.
- For all Childcare Voucher and Bank Transfer payments, ensure payment is instructed 5 workings days before the first day of your booking to ensure School’s Out Activities receives payments before your child arrives at camp.
- We reserve the right to refuse acceptance of a child into our care until full payment for the booking has been made.
- Once full payment has been received a booking confirmation email will be sent and children’s places are then guaranteed on the course registers.
- School’s Out Activities accepts payment by credit or debit card, all childcare vouchers, bank transfer and cash at registration.
- If you are paying by cash at registration the full balance of the booking must be paid on the first day your child is dropped off.
- If you add on any extra days, Early Bird or Extended Fun sessions then you must pay the full amount before the session you book on for.
- School’s Out Activities accepts all childcare vouchers as a form of payment for bookings. If we are not registered with your provider, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to register with your provider.
- Prior to the commencement of your booking, you can construct your own repayment schedule by part paying your outstanding balance via any payment method. (REMEMBER: full payment must be completed 5 working days before the commencement of your booking). Once we have received any part payment we shall mark this against your booking. Your remaining balance will be updated online under My Bookings.
- At any time you can pay the remaining balance of your booking via “My Bookings” using any debit/credit card.
- Children booked from overseas are required to have a good level of spoken English so that they can follow the instructions from the leaders and are able to communicate with the other children.
- We do not teach English on our camps.
- We require a local telephone contact number once you are in the UK, in case of an emergency.
- All bookings without paid BPC are non-refundable.
- You will only receive refunds/credit for cancellations if you have taken out and paid for Booking Protection Cover (BPC). Without BPC you will not receive a refund or credit for any part of your payment under any circumstances.
- All requests for cancellations of bookings with BPC must be made by completing our online BPC claim form.
- Bookings with BPC must be fully paid to enact our cancellation policy to receive a refund. Any booking that has not been fully paid will not be eligible for any cancellation, and thus full booking balance must be paid.
- If your cancellation request is successful and a refund is requested, payments made by card will be refunded on to the card used in the transaction. Cash and Bank Transfer payments will be refunded back into an account of your choice. No refunds will be given in cash.
- If you have paid by Childcare Vouchers, we will hold the refund in credit on your account. If your voucher provider accepts refunds, you can request the refund to be returned to your provider. Childcare voucher refunds cannot be paid into a bank account because of NI and Tax deductions.
- As we offer a discounted weekly price, if you wish to cancel any days within a week, we will then recalculate your booking at the daily rate.
- All refunds will be processed within 10 working days.
- Credit: As an alternative to a refund, repayment can be taken as credit on your account to be used against a future booking. If choosing this option when cancelling, this should be mentioned in your request to cancel. We shall then produce a coupon code for you to use against a future booking.
- COVID-19 Cancellations. In the event of forced camp closure due to coronavirus guidance then customers with BPC can receive a refund on all course fees minus the BPC premium. Bookings without BPC will receive a coupon code with credit to the full value of your booking to use within 12 months of any future camp booking.
BOOKING PROTECTION COVER (BPC)
- Booking Protection Cover can only be added at the first time of making a booking. It cannot be added on retrospectively.
- It is charged at £2 per day per child. If you choose to add BPC on to your booking it will automatically be added on to all days within your booking, you cannot add it on to some days and not others.
- If editing an existing booking with BPC and adding days on, BPC will automatically be added to your new days within your booking.
- All cancellation requests must be made via the online BPC Claim form.
- If your claim is successful, we will refund your full booking total minus the cost of the BPC premium. BPC will not refunded.
- The Terms & Conditions for BPC differ depending on whether the claim is before or during Camp has begun.
- With BPC you may cancel all of your booking up to the last working day before your child’s first day at camp (in any given event) and you will receive back everything you paid except the BPC premium.
- Cancellation must be made via the online BPC Claim form.
- You may cancel part of your booking, but you will lose your week-long discount if cancelling any day from within a week. The remaining days will be charged at the daily rate. Your refund will be calculated from the new balance once days have been removed. I.e no refund will be due if you cancel one day from within a 5 day week booking.
- BPC only covers illness/injury during camp. For curtailments for any reason other than illness/injury, (including bookings for children without BPC) refunds, credit notes or extra days will not be given under any circumstances.
- Any claim made because of illness/injury during camp must be made within two weeks of the first date of illness by the completion of our online BPC Claim form.
- Illness/injury claims need to be supported by a doctor’s note. If this is not possible, School’s Out Activities will accept self-certification for a maximum of 3 days within one camp season.
- Any missed days should be made up later in the event, subject to availability. Where not possible, you can claim a pro-rata refund, less the BPC premium. We do not charge an administration fee but some GP practices may charge you to issue a note.
- Siblings/Friends of the injured or ill child on the same booking and also with BPC will also be refunded in full if they cancel the same days as their brother/sister/friend. Without BPC on their booking, no refund will be issued.
NOTICE OF ABSENCE
- If a child is not attending a scheduled day on camp, parents/carers must telephone the Camp Manager or Head Office to allow us to update records.
- All children in our care are covered by our full Public Liability Insurance.
DROP OFF AND COLLECTION PROCEDURES
Our Standard daily times are:
- DROP OFF: 9:00 – 9:30am
- COLLECTION: 4:30 – 5:00pm
We have the extra flexibility of:
- EARLY BIRD: 8:00 – 9:00am
- EXTENDED FUN: 5:00 – 6:00pm
- No Child can be dropped off before 8:00am. We are not insured to have any child on site before 8:00am so parents/guardians must wait with their child until 8:00am.
- A child can only be dropped off before 9:00am if they are booked in for Early Bird. They will automatically be enrolled in Early Bird if dropped off before 9:00am.
- Children cannot depart before 4:30pm unless arrangements have been made with the Course Leader and Camp Manager to be collected early. School’s Out Activities ask if early collection is to take place that this is done in the lunch time period (12:30 – 1:30pm).
- All children must be picked up by 5pm unless they are booked in for Extended Fun. If you do not pick your child up by 5pm your child will be taken from their course area and added to our Extended Fun register in the Sports Hall. Please telephone your Camp Manager to let us know if you are going to be late. £3 Extended Fun fee will be charged in this instance.
- All children are not allowed to leave the site until their designated collector arrives. All children must be signed out at collection.
- Please inform your Course Leader at registration if a different person will be collecting your child or if the child has been given permission to make their own arrangements for getting home (walk, bike, bus or taxi).
LATE COLLECTION AFTER 6PM
- The latest collection time for Extended Fun is 6:00pm. If you know you are struggling to make 6pm make sure to phone your Camp Manager. Any collections later than 6:00pm will subject to a late pickup fee, charged at £10 every 15 minutes over 6:00pm. I.e 6:16pm collection results in a £20 fee. Payable upon collection.
- We reserve the right to refuse to offer Extended Fun sessions to persistent offenders should it deem the parent unreliable in collecting their child by 6:00pm. The Extended Fun fee for future days would be refunded in these circumstances.
- Extended Fun sessions are bookable each morning at registration.
- Some sites may enforce that we wait outside the premises after 6pm. The Camp Manager and one other member of staff will wait with any children.
- If no contact has been made with parent/guardian after 30 minutes the local Social Services department will be contacted as per our Uncollected Child Policy.
- The best available price will always be offered to you at the time of booking.
- Discounts cannot be used in conjunction with each other. If you have multiple discount codes, the best rate will be offered to you.
- In exceptional circumstances we may have to cancel particular dates, in this event, we will try to give those booked onto the programme at least 14 days’ notice and will offer a suitable alternative if one is available, or refund all monies paid for the dates cancelled, if preferred.
ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS
- In the unlikely case that we are unable to run the camp due to adverse weather conditions School’s Out Activities will offer a full refund or credit for another day.
- School’s Out Activities will endeavour to advise customers of any closure by means of email, text or notification on the School’s Out Activities website/Facebook Page as soon as possible. The website will be updated with the most up-to-date information.
- If customers are unable to attend camp during adverse weather conditions but the camp is open, no refund will be applicable.
- Adverse weather conditions are determined by either an Amber or Red weather warning issued by the met office via local or national TV & Radio or via the website www.metoffice.gov.uk.
- It is the responsibility of parents to ensure children have appropriate clothing and sun protection.
- We reserve the right to alter the advertised timetable but would provide a replacement similar activity to that cancelled. School’s Out Activities are reliant in the safe use of venue facilities, and is the site management team deem any facility unsafe to use then activities may be cancelled.
- School’s Out Activities does not provide lunch for any child. They must arrive with a packed lunch, adequate snacks and water bottle every day.
- In the event a child does not bring their lunch/water bottle to camp we will first attempt to phone the contact details given to advise parents/guardians that they will need to bring their packed lunch to camp. If we cannot make contact or parents/guardians are unable to return to camp to provide lunch, we will source a suitable lunch for the child at a cost of £10 per occasion. This covers the cost of staff time, transport and food/drink.
- Water fountains will be available at each site.
- If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of our course, you must report it at once to the Camp Manager of the course so that we are given the opportunity to resolve the problem.
- Should we not be able to resolve your problem, you may use our Customer Feedback Form to put your complaint in writing.
- Should we still not be able to resolve your issue you should ask for a copy of our complaints policy.
- We accept responsibility for those elements of the course under our direct control. We cannot accept responsibility for the loss of enjoyment due to factors outside of our control such as: bad weather, travel arrangements, strikes, loss or damage to personal property or illness suffered whilst on the course.
MOBILE PHONES, TABLETS & ELECTRICAL DEVICES
- All electrical devices are prohibited on camp. If found, children will be asked to place the device in the Camp Manager box which will be locked and secured at all times.
- Parents/Guardians are required to contact the Camp Manager if they wish to speak with their child during camp.
- School’s Out Activities will not take any responsibility for the damage or loss of any electronic devices that are brought onto camp.
- It is strictly prohibited to allow a child with a device with internet access on to camp.
- We recommend strongly that children do not bring valuables, money or jewellery onto site. We will not be held responsible for the loss of any valuables.
- School’s Out Activities is not liable for any lost or damaged property on camp.
- School’s Out Activities advises all property it marked clearly with full name of child.
- Lost property will remain on camp until the last day of camp and should be collected before the last day.
- School’s Out Activities will actively encourage children to remember all of their belongings and return lost property to its rightful owner.
- Unclaimed lost property will be given to charity and will not be left at the school.
- School’s Out Activities requires that all children who are ill or infectious be kept home for the full duration of their ailment, and for the correct time period after the last symptom occurs. (Please see Accident/Illness policy or contact your Camp Manager).
- School’s Out Activities will only administer medication if it has been prescribed by a doctor or other health professional.
- School’s Out Activities asks that children attending camp have been toilet-trained. If a child requires nappies or needs one-to-one support when using the toilet, he/she must attend with a qualified carer (provided and organised by the booker). School’s Out Activities will provide suitable changing facilities.
- School’s Out Activities understands that accidents can happen, and suggests that ALL children bring a change of clothes. School’s Out Activities may ask parents to collect a child who soils persistently or provide a qualified carer for their remaining days booked. Alternatively, no refund will be given if no carer can be provided.
- In the event of an accident, first aid will be administered to children in our care, and the emergency services will be called if necessary.
- Essential prescribed medication must be handed into each child’s Camp Manager for safe-keeping. All School’s Out Activities First Aid policies are in line with Ofsted recommendations.
- We suggest that all parents whose children carry Epipens arrange for a qualified medical practitioner to demonstrate use of the Epipen to our First Aider, Camp Manager and Course Leader on their first day at camp. If this is not possible then we will accept a demonstration given by a parent/guardian instead.
- By ticking the Terms and Condition box you give permission for sunscreen to be administered if necessary. You are also agreeing to use of photographs and videos from camp to be used solely in marketing purposes and on social media platforms. Please specify if you do not want your child’s picture to be taken and our Camp Managers will organise this. You also give permission for us to seek medical advice and/or treatment in an emergency and in the event that you cannot be contacted.
BEHAVIOUR CODE OF CONDUCT
- By booking with School’s Out Activities you are agreeing to the Parent – Child – Staff behaviour Code of Conduct and are aware of the steps in behaviour management. Click here to view our behaviour policy.
- By booking with School’s Out Activities you are agreeing to email and text marketing unless you specify otherwise. Our email and marketing platforms allow you to “opt-out” if you wish.
- Most courses at School’s Out Activities include one or more adventurous activities. The centre’s staff have, and fully accept, a duty of care to make those activities as safe as is reasonably practical. They are required to adhere to a comprehensive set of safety rules and there is a quality management system to monitor the fact that rules and procedures are adhered to.
- However, adventurous activities are inherently hazardous and cannot be completely risk-free however hard we try. Accidents can happen without any contributory negligence from the centre or its staff.
- Moreover, the environment at the centre is such that we cannot “fence off” all hazardous areas. Your son or daughter must, therefore, help our staff to look after their safety by listening carefully to instructions, by doing what they are asked to do and by not being reckless by trying to do more than they have been briefed to do. Only give your consent if you are confident that they will behave responsibly in this way. The centre can accept no responsibility for loss of or damage to personal property or for personal injury not arising as a result of its own action or default.
- I understand and accept the above statements. My son or daughter is fit for the course and I will inform the centre before the course of any special medical conditions that might affect my son’s or daughter’s safety.
BY CONTINUING WITH YOUR BOOKING YOU ARE AGREEING WITH OUR FULL TERMS & CONDITIONS.