Becoming a Course Leader is a truly rewarding role. You get to deliver a full timetable of exciting activities to different children every day. You become a role model for the children in your group, while personally benefiting from the experience to develop you in your career. Applicants must be at least 17 years old.
CHOOSE YOUR COURSE TO LEAD
Deliver a fun week of play, paint, create, perform, sing, build and explore – all to aid children in their early years of development! Particularly suited to Early Years specialists, primary education trained, nursery workers and play leaders. Desirable skills include basic arts & crafts, cooking, performance & games leadership.
Deliver an action-packed week jammed full of 30+ team, sporting and adventurous activities! Particularly suited to sports leaders, coaches and people with a background in PE – driven, proactive and confident. Desirable skills include sports hall and behaviour management, leadership, and sports knowledge.
Energise children to indulge in their creative side. Direct stage performances and lead cooking sessions! Particularly suited to dance instructors and people who are handy at arts & crafts. Desirable skills include cooking skills, games leader, choreography etc.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- University undergraduate students who have the skills and confidence to teach and coach children, who are willing to work in their long Easter and Summer holidays when they are not studying (maybe even some Half Terms throughout their Degree course), who want to return year-on-year throughout their studying.
- People who want a career working with children or in sports. Offering aspiring teachers, sports coaches and dance instructors real hands-on experience working with children and the chance to gain managerial experience such as curriculum delivery, activity instruction and staff management, all so important for your career progression.
- Qualified Teachers and self-employed Coaches who want to work in their School Holidays.
- Any person, sixth formers and college students who have the confidence and skills to stand up in front of children and be responsible for their well-being and delivering a fun and safe experience while at camp.
In a normal 5-day week you will work from Monday–Friday. For Bank Holidays we operate a 4-day week and your pay is pro-rated.
TIMES: The week is split between members of staff to cover Early Bird & Extended Fun session throughout the week.
You will work:
- 3x days when you do not cover Early Birds or Extended Fun. Your working hours are: 8:40am – 5:10pm.
- 2x Early Bird sessions. Always a Monday and one other day. Arrive 7:45am.
- 2x Extended Fun sessions. Always Friday and one other day. Depart 6pm.
Course Leaders are paid in line with age and experience. The minimum you will be paid for your age bracket is outlined below, yet if you have qualifications (Teacher, Coach, Instructor etc.) or years of experience working for School’s Out Activities over various holidays then you can slide up the pay scale:
- 17 yrs old = £40 per day (£200 per week)
- 18 – 20 yrs old = £54 per day (£270 per week)
- 21 – 24 yrs old = £68 per day (£340 per week)
- 25 yrs old + = £72 per day (£360 per week)