HOLIDAY ACTIVITY FUND (HAF)
FUNDED SPACES FOR CHILDREN
We are excited to partner with Local Authorities to provide funded places for children who are currently receiving benefit-related free school meals (pupil premium).
HAF PLACES SOLD OUT AT ALL VENUES FOR SUMMER 2022!
The Holiday Activity Funding for our Ipswich, Woodbridge and Bury St Edmunds venues has SOLD OUT in record time! It has been overwhelmingly popular and we shall endeavour to secure more funding for future camps so more children can enjoy places with us. In the event children who have booked places cancel or do not turn up to camp, we shall make contact to families on a waiting list to see if you want to take up the places.
If you wish to go onto our waitlist, please fill out a waiting list form by clicking the button below.
What is the Holiday Activity Fund (HAF)?
The government’s expanded £220 million Holiday Activities and Food programme (HAF) is able to offer funded school holiday activity places along with a healthy packed lunch for children who are eligible. The idea was initiated by England Footballer, Marcus Rashford, who campaigned for children to be given access to fun and healthy experiences during their school holidays.
Who can access the HAF programme?
Funded holiday club places are available to children and young people who receive benefit-related free school meals in Mainstream, Academy and Free Schools education.
County Councils will offer paid-for places to children of all ages and backgrounds, where possible.
When is the HAF available?
School’s Out Activities and the HAF pilot programme supported around 300 children in 2021 across Suffolk. The success of the scheme has resulted in the funding being extended until 2024.
Parents, carers and guardians can access the HAF during the Summer Holidays, Christmas Break and Easter. Currently, there isn’t any funding for the Half Term Holidays.
What food is provided?
At every holiday programme, children will enjoy a nourishing and tasty meal, as well as learning about the importance of healthy eating.
The School’s Out Activities lunchbox is provided by an external catering agency and contains a choice of sandwich, healthy crips, fruit, yoghurt or jelly and water. We cater for all allergies and dietary requirements.
How many days can I book?
The amount of days is allocated per child and not per family. Therefore if a family has 3 qualifying children, the amount of funding is allocated for each child and does not need to spread amongst siblings.
- Easter Holidays = 4 individual days
- Christmas Holidays = 4 individual days
- Summer Holidays = 16 individual days
The funding excludes Early Bird (8-9am) dropoff and Extended Fun (5-6pm) collection. If you wish for your child/children to stay later than the usual daily time (9am – 5pm) you will need to pay for this addition. Early Bird and Extended Fun are priced at £5 each.
How Do I Book?
Your school will confirm your eligibility for the programme. They will provide you with a confirmation email/text message that contains a voucher code you will need to book with (being introduced in June 2022). You can still reserve your places before June 2022 on our website, you will need to email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your eligibility voucher code from your school once you have this. We will then add it to your booking notes ready for when you arrive at camp.
- Parents or the School office can navigate their way through the usual booking process on this website, making sure to fill in all of the details, including any dietary requirements.
- Select the number of days you require. If you go over the allocated amount of funding, we will invoice you separately for those days and/or extended hours you have chosen.
- When going through to the checkout screen, make sure to select OTHER METHOD as your payment method. Then from the dropdown select FREE SCHOOL MEALS FUNDING.
- You will receive an email booking confirmation that details you have to pay the full amount. You can ignore this as your County Council will fund this bill. Any extra days chosen will be invoiced separately for you.