PREPARING FOR CAMP
Everything you need to know about our day camps and venues, including the latest news, what to bring, camp times and contact info.
Please check back to this page nearer the start of camp for any last-minute changes.
- Swimming: In line with government guidance, indoor pools can reopen from 25th Jul 2020. We shall be offering swimming as an activity on the timetable every day, starting Monday 27th July 2020 (Week 2)! Please pack a swimming kit for all children who want to go swimming from this date onwards. If in Creative Crew, please arrive to camp with your swimming costume underneath your normal clothes. This will help with changing room cleaning routines, as these will be deep cleaned by professional staff between each bubble’s swim session.
- Socially distanced drop off: Government guidance recommends not using public transport (buses and trains) to travel into camp. Approved Taxi companies are allowed. They also suggest that only one adult drops off in the morning and one adult picks up (this can be a different adult) to prevent too many adults queuing in the mornings. When you arrive, signs will direct you to your course drop off point. Early Bird and Extended Fun will still take place in the sports hall each day, which has been divided into individual bubbles to prevent mixing of children. When arriving you will see hazard tape on the floor at each reception point to indicate the one-way queuing and departure paths. Lines on the floor indicate 2metre distancing whilst queuing. In the event of bad weather please arrive with umbrellas/rain macks as only one adult will be permitted inside the reception point at a time.
- Behaviour Agreement: Our usual behaviour agreement has been updated to include following social distancing instructions and handwashing routines. Please work with us to teach children the importance of these routines and the need to follow the safety instructions. We cannot accommodate the repeated breaking of COVID-19 safety rules.
- Lunchboxes: Please pack a full packed lunch every day in a suitable container.
- Drinking Bottles: Please pack enough drinking water/drinks suitable for a whole day at camp. This is advisable instead of using refill water stations.
- Ice Cream Van: As a special treat this summer we have organised our usual Vintage Ice Cream van (called Rhubarb) to arrive to camp once per week. Fully risk assessed in line with government guidance. Offering a range of ice cream flavours including vegan, gluten-free, lactose intolerant options and sorbets! All for only £2. If your child wants to purchase one then please pack £2 cash in their bag to spend. It is not compulsory. The Ice Cream van will be visiting Colchester, Ipswich and Woodbridge on Thursdays and Bury St Edmunds on Wednesdays!
- End-of-Week Show: Unfortunately we cannot operate our normal end-of-week show on a Friday afternoon this year, so instead we shall be filming performances of Early Explorers and Creative Crew in their bubble and inviting you to all watch your children perform right from the comfort of your own home, as we upload videos to our social media platforms. Do make sure to mention to leaders if you do not want your children filmed for social media.
- Symptoms: Children must not attend if they or anybody in their household experience any of the following symptoms:
– A high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)– A new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)– A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normalYou must inform The Camp Manager and/or Head Office in the event of experiencing any symptoms.
- Please also read the details on the front page for full COVID-19 safety guidelines.
Arrival, drop-off & collection
If it is your first time visiting the venue we suggest you use a Sat Nav. You will see School’s Out banners on the main entrance of the long driveway to the school. The school operates a one-way traffic system, making for easy drop-off and collection routines. Follow School’s Out directional signs when you arrive.
- Address: Ipswich High School, Woolverstone, Suffolk IP9 1AZ.
- Early Explorers: Drop-off and collection at the pre-prep building. Follow the signs into the car park on the right-hand side then follow Early Explorers signs to the building. For this summer the drop off point will be via the nursery side gate as indicated by signs.
- Creative Crew: Drop-off and collection at the art rooms. Follow the signs into the car park on the right-hand side then follow signs to the art rooms.
- Adrenaline Adventure: Drop-off and collection at the sports hall. Follow the signs along the road then park on the road by the entrance to the sports complex. Follow the signs to the sports hall. At collection, we will use walkie-talkies to send your child up from the sports hall.
- Next Generation: Drop-off and collection at the sports hall no matter what course they’re assisting on. Here you will be given your uniform, name badge and working journal.
Early Bird and Extended Fun drop-off and collection at the sports hall for ALL children. Please park on the road by the sports complex. At collection, we will use walkie-talkies to send your child up from the sports hall.
WHAT TO BRING
We can’t wait to welcome your children to camp. Here are a few final reminders to make sure you are prepared to arrive at camp and details specific to your venue to make everything run smoothly. Above all, please ensure your child brings a positive attitude!
Full packed lunch every day, with food stored in a suitable container as we cannot provide refrigeration. Please pack enough for snacks during break times.
*We operate a NO NUTS policy at camp, so please do not pack anything containing nuts.
Tuck shop pocket money
We provide a School’s Out Tuck shop every day at our venues which have a selection of child-friendly snacks on offer for a small price. If your child wants to purchase from the tuck shop we suggest no more than £1- £2 change is needed. If in Early Explorers please provide this in a sealed envelope with your child’s name on the front. This can be handed to your leaders at registration for safekeeping. If in older groups you are also welcome to pack this in a sealed envelope, otherwise this can be securely packed in their bag.
*If your child has any food allergies we ask these to be provided on the booking and any food items cleared with staff before being sold via the tuck shop.
REFILLABLE DRINKS BOTTLE
To ensure children remain hydrated throughout the day. There are drinking water fountains at the venue.
*We sell personalised chilled water bottles at camp so your child will be encouraged to drink ice cold drinks throughout the day. Ask at reception for details.
Children should attend camp in comfy and practical clothing with suitable footwear (trainers or similar). Please provide a waterproof jacket and jumper for colder days.
*We understand accidents can happen at any time or children can get wet during water play activities or messy during cooking and painting, so it is always worth packing a small change of clothes in the bottom of your children’s bag, no matter how old they are.
In sunnier weather please ensure to apply sun protection to your child before they arrive at camp and also provide them with a bottle of sun lotion to reapply during the day (particularly after swimming). A sun cap/hat are also recommended.
*Camp essentials including t-shirts, caps and water bottles are available to purchase from camp at registration.
If your child needs to bring with them any medication, you will need to bring a completed medical form (found here). We have blank spares at camp if you require them. We also require the medication in a sealed and named bag/container. If prescribed by a Doctor, we also require a copy of the prescription to administer the medication. Please make sure any medication is in date.
Dependent on the venue you are attending you may need to bring fresh swimming kit every day in a bag labelled with your child’s name. This must include a costume and a towel, but swimming hats, armbands and goggles can be added if you want to.
IPSWICH: Indoor pool operates all year round so needed every day.
COLCHESTER: Outdoor pool operates during May Half Term and during Summer holidays only. Closed during stormy or colder weather.
WOODBRIDGE: No pool facility but water play activities take place during sunnier summer days so best to bring a kit every day during summer holidays in the event it is warm enough to operate.
NOTES FOR NON-SWIMMERS
If your child does not want to swim we will provide an alternative activity for them or they can join in with another group. If your child is in the Early Explorers course or is not a competent swimmer then please pack them a suitable flotation device, e.g. armbands and/or floatation jacket.
WHAT NOT TO BRING
For safeguarding purposes, we do request mobile phones are kept at home. If your child does need to arrive to camp with a mobile phone then please ensure this is turned off and kept in their bag or handed in to Course Leader at the start of the day and collected at the end of day.
Items are sometimes lost at camp so please keep valuables such as jewellery at home.
Check your Booking
Dates and Extended Sessions: Please take the time to check your booking by signing into the website and clicking My Bookings. Here you can:
- Check the dates you’ve booked, move or add dates.
- Add Early Bird and Extended Fun sessions.
- Edit your and your child’s personal details, particularly contact telephone numbers.
Payment: The MY BOOKINGS section will also highlight if you have any remaining balance to pay on your booking. Please ensure the balance is paid off before the commencement of the course OR at your first-morning registration if paying by cash or by card on our payment machines.
*If paying by bank transfer or Childcare Vouchers, make sure to process your payment 10 working days before your first date at camp as these methods can take a while to reach us. We do require cleared payment of funds before your child arrives at camp. Staff reserve the right to refuse entry to camp if full balances have not been paid.
(8:00am – 9:00am)
For those early-starters School’s Out is open at 8:00am. We give your children a choice of activities to do in the morning to keep them occupied and make sure they are integrated into fun games. Meanwhile, you can still get to work on time! Cost: £3 per day or £12 for the whole week. Don’t worry if you haven’t booked in advance, you can add and pay online OR simply add and pay at morning registration.
(9:00am – 9:30am)
With Normal Drop-Off you can register your child anytime between 9am to 9:30am (but not before, as this will incur a £3 Early Bird fee). Please make sure you arrive before 9.30am so we can register your child in time for activities. If you know you are going to be later than 9:30am, please telephone your Camp Manager so they can make plans to let you into the school and take your child to their group. Drop-off takes place at day camp reception so follow the signs for your child’s camp.
(12:30pm – 1:30pm)
If you’re looking to pick your children up earlier than the normal collection time, we advise doing this during the lunchtime hour. Please advise the Course Leader at morning registration if you wish to pick your child up early.
(4:30pm – 5:00pm)
Please collect your child each day from their day camp area. Children will be let out at 4:30pm, but no earlier, as end-of-day checks need to be completed. All children will be signed out upon collection by an authorised person, who must provide the name of the child alongside their booking reference number. Please make sure if a third party is picking up, they are provided with the correct reference number as no child will be signed out without this password. If you do not collect your child by 5:00pm, we will add them to our Extended Fun register and £3 will be charged.
(5:00pm – 6:00pm)
For those parents working late and children who want that little bit more excitement at camp, we have Extended Fun sessions. Children come together in the SPORTS HALL where extra activities will take place. We will keep your children busy and happy until you can collect them (up until 6:00pm). Cost: £3 per day or £12 for the whole week. Don’t worry if you haven’t booked in advance, you can add and pay online or add and pay at morning registration. If plans change during the day and you need to add Extended Fun to your booking, please phone your Camp Manager.
BEYOND CAMP HOURS
If you cannot pick your child up by 6:00pm, please phone the Camp Manager immediately so they can make plans to stay with your child. As two members of staff have to stay behind and the school has to remain open beyond their agreed time, there is a fee that will need to be paid using cash or card before leaving the site. FEE = £10 for every 15 minutes over 6:00pm, i.e. collecting at 6:16pm would incur a £20 charge.
Contact a camp manager
If you need to contact us on the day of camp please use the following details.