SCHOOL HOLIDAY DAY CAMPS FOR KIDS AGED 4 TO 16 YEARS OLD
Enjoy over 100 fun-filled, action-packed activities on our tailored day camps at venues across Suffolk and Essex.Watch Video
Summer Half Term and ALL Summer Holiday Camps are live… BOOK NOW to secure your space!
COVID-19 UPDATE 11/04/2021:
Great news, after a successful return at Easter where nearly all of our camps sold out in record time, we have now made Summer Half Term and all Summer Camp weeks for all venues available to book on the website. Please book your slots early to avoid disappointment. In line with government guidance, we can now offer our services to ALL families. We also expect the bubble restriction will be removed for Summer Camps, but looks like it will remain for Summer Half Term.
We’re pleased to announce Swimming will return for our Ipswich and Colchester venues, and all new themes and activities will be on offer this Summer… Watch this space!
We’re excited to see you and we’ll of course have the high levels of COVID-safe protocols you’ve come to expect from us.
Below is our proposed Schedule for 2021… we hope it will be our busiest year yet, pandemic or not! The aim is to help you plan your year and childcare plans as best you can, along with your annual leave requests.
- BUBBLES: All children will be placed in ‘bubbles’ of 15 children. This means there will be, at most venues, two bubbles in each day camp course, per day. (30 spaces available in Early Explorers, 30 in Creative Crew, 30 in Adrenaline Adventure and 6 in Next Generation). This is a lot less than previous years so spaces will be limited so please do not delay in securing your booking. Bubbles will be organised initially by age, so for example in Adrenaline Adventure all 7-9-year-olds will be in a bubble and 10 – 12-year-olds will be in the other bubble. If you have some friends joining on the same dates as you then feel free to add this into your “Booking Notes” so Leaders can organise as best as they can.
- MASKS: In line with government guidance our staff will be required to wear masks indoors where social distancing cannot be maintained. Children aged 11+ will also be required to wear masks indoors where social distancing cannot be maintained. Please pack a small bag for children to keep their masks in, and ideally wearing clothing with pockets so they can easily keep it with them at all times.
- LEADERS: Leaders will engage with asymptomatic testing during the holidays. There will also be the same activity leaders in each bubble for the whole week where possible. This will allow stringent deep cleaning routines of facilities and equipment before and after use.
- PREFERRED WEEK-LONG BOOKINGS: Individual day bookings are still allowed but we would advise week-long bookings where you can (Mon – Fri) to keep the bubbles consistent across sessions as much as possible. Why not make the most of our 5 days for the price of 4 deal on week-long bookings at just £140!
- SINGLE CHILDCARE SETTING: Parents are advised to avoid using multiple childcare providers during school holiday periods. We would suggest if using School’s Out Activities in a school holiday, then we are your sole childcare provider. This is a government recommendation.
- TRANSPORT: Parents are advised not to use public transport when sending their children into camp. This is another government recommendation.
- SOCIALLY DISTANCED DROP OFF: We will be implementing a one-way system socially distanced drop off and collection points at all venues and courses this year. This means reception points will just be inside doorways and families will need to queue 2m apart using the stickered lines on the floor. We will also require all adults to wear a mask during drop off and collection.
- HAND WASHING: Full hand washing routines will be implemented throughout the day. Where possible different bubbles will have sole use of their own toilet facilities, with controlled access whilst in use. Parents are welcome to pack their own hand gel sanitizer for their child to use.
- RISK ASSESSMENTS: Full risk assessments have been completed on the sites we use and all of the activities we deliver. This does mean some of the timetables may be adjusted. We can implement swimming at our Ipswich venue, yet with deep-cleaning routines required in changing rooms, swimming sessions may be shorter and some children asked to arrive to camp already in their swimming costumes under their clothes. The end-of-week show will not be open to parents and families to come to watch this year. Instead, performances will be filmed in their bubbles and published to social media for families to watch. This has proven very popular, make sure to check out our Facebook page on Saturday afternoons when all videos for the preceding week will be uploaded!
- CLINICALLY EXTREMELY VULNERABLE CHILDREN: CEV children are advised by government guidance not to attend while shielding applies nationally. Please seek expert medical advice if you are unsure if they applies to your child.
- SYMPTOMS: Children must not attend if they or anybody in their household experience any of the following symptoms:
– A high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)– A new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)– A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
You must inform The Camp Manager and/or Head Office in the event of experiencing any symptoms.
As a childcare provider, we understand the importance of keeping all children, staff and families who visit our sites safe. It is great that we can welcome back children to our camps to finally experience outdoor play, activities and all of the social benefits that come from time spent at camp.
Protect your bookings against any COVID-19 cancellations or missed days through illness or injury and receive a full refund of your course fees. Only £5 per day. T&Cs apply.
DAY CAMPS WITH SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE!
School’s Out Activities has designed four fun-filled and action-packed day camps to cater for all ages and interests. Select a day camp below to find out more:
Designed by Primary School Teachers to aid the development of children in early years education (schoolgoing 4 to 6 year-olds).
For girls and boys aged 7 to 12 years who want to explore and develop their creative side, while still being active and having time to chill.
Action-packed, fun-filled days for boys and girls aged 7 to 12 years, jammed full of team sports and adventurous activities.
5 DAYS FOR THE PRICE OF 4!
Money Back Guarantee Childcare Vouchers Accepted
Don't miss out on the fun...
Summer Half Term begins in
OUTSTANDING VENUES ACROSS SUFFOLK AND ESSEX
School’s Out Activities offers the most prestigious school holiday venues as camp locations. We look for schools that provide a convenient location for customers with easy access to make the morning run and pick up just that little bit easier to fit around your working day.
We look for local venues with outstanding facilities to provide the best experience for our children.
- Bury St Edmunds – South Lee School
- Ipswich High School
- Colchester Royal Grammar School
- Woodbridge School
WHO ARE SCHOOL'S OUT ACTIVITIES?
School’s Out Activities are focused on delivering premium school holiday activities to children aged 4–16 years throughout the academic year.
Our mission is to provide a flexible and reliable service that is trusted by parents whilst creating such a memorable experience for children they cannot wait to come back, week-after-week!
- Over 15 years’ experience delivering school holiday activity camps
- Qualified, award-winning staff
- Teaching skills for life in a fun, active, empowering way
- Excellent staff to children ratios
- Unique and exciting activities you won’t get to try anywhere else
- 5-star testimonials from parents across our review platforms
SAFE AND SECURE ACTIVITY CAMPS FOR CHILDREN
Here at School’s Out Activities we know how important and paramount the safety of your child is. That is why we provide a complete Peace of Mind for all parents and guardians so you know your child is having fun in a safe and secure environment.
- Early Years registered with Ofsted
- Outstanding Ofsted report
- All staff DBS and reference checked
- All staff Safeguarding and Prevent trained
- Paediatric First Aiders at all venues
- Comprehensive risk assessments
- Childcare activity insurance
- Rated 5 stars on Trustpilot
Check out the school holidays that are coming up and book your child(ren) onto a fun-filled day camp at one of our prestigious venues in Suffolk and Essex.