WE ARE OPEN FOR SUMMER 2020...SCHOOL HOLIDAY DAY CAMPS FOR KIDS AGED 4 TO 16 YEARS OLD
Enjoy over 100 fun-filled, action-packed activities on our tailored day camps at venues across Suffolk and Essex.Watch Video
COVID-19 Update (Friday 3rd July 2020)
Great news! We have finally been given the guidance from the Department of Education on how we can run our Camps this Summer. It is looking very positive for our campers this summer, with bubbles of 15 and lots of outdoor fresh air activities. The only downside is that we cannot commence until Monday 20th July 2020, so our usual “pre-state school summer holidays” Week 0 cannot go ahead at Woodbridge School. All existing bookers of this week are being contacted.
There will be limited spaces this summer so please do not delay in securing your summer dates!
In summary, this is what we will be asking from our bookers:
- BUBBLES: All children will be placed in ‘bubbles’ of 15 children. This means there will be, at most, two bubbles in each day camp course, per day. (30 spaces available in Early Explorers, 30 in Creative Crew, 30 in Adrenaline Adventure and 6 in Next Generation). This is a lot less than previous years so spaces will be limited so please do not delay in securing your booking. Bubbles will be organised initially by age, so for example in Adrenaline Adventure all 7-9 year olds will be in a bubble and 10 – 12 year olds will be in the other bubble. If you have some friends joining on same dates as you then feel free to add this in to your “Booking Notes” so Leaders can organise as best as they can.
- LEADERS: The same two activity leaders per bubble for the whole week. This will allow stringent deep cleaning routines of facilities and equipment before and after use.
- PREFERRED WEEK-LONG BOOKINGS: Individual day bookings are still allowed but we would advise week-long bookings where you can (Mon – Fri) to keep the bubbles consistent across sessions as much as possible. Why not make the most of our 5 days for the price of 4 deal on week-long bookings at just £140!
- SINGLE CHILDCARE SETTING: Parents are advised to avoid using multiple childcare providers this summer. We would suggest if using School’s Out Activities this summer, then we are your sole childcare provider. This is a government recommendation.
- TRANSPORT: Parents are advised not to use public transport when sending their children into camp. This is another government recommendation.
- SOCIALLY DISTANCED DROP OFF: We will be implementing one-way system socially distanced drop off and collection points at all venues and courses this year. This means reception points will just be inside doorways and families will need to queue 2m apart using the stickered lines on the floor. We will be limiting adults inside the facilities so please pack an umbrella in case you are queued outside.
- HAND WASHING: Full hand washing routines will be implemented throughout the day. Where possible different bubbles will have sole use of their own toilet facilities, with controlled access whilst in use. Parents are welcome to pack their own hand gel sanitizer for their child to use.
- RISK ASSESSMENTS: Full risk assessments have been completed on the sites we use and all of the activities we deliver. This does mean some of the timetables may be adjusted. We still have no guidance on swimming for Ipswich and Colchester venues and will of course open this activity up once we have the guidance to do so. The end-of-week show will not be open to parents and families to come to watch this year. Instead, performances will be filmed in their bubbles and published to social media for families to watch.
- MASKS: In line with government guidance our staff will not be required to wear masks unless they are delivering intimate care such as first aid. Again children are welcome to bring masks but they will be responsible for putting them on and off as leaders cannot do this. Masks are not compulsory for this age of children.
- CLINICALLY EXTREMELY VULNERABLE CHILDREN: In line with government guidance any child considered clinically extremely vulnerable can only attend after 1st August 2020, once their period of shielding has ended. Also, please seek expert medical advice if anybody in your family home bubble is considered extremely clinically vulnerable and whether it is safe for your child to attend.
- SYMPTOMS: Children must not attend if they or anybody in their household experience any of the following symptoms:
– A high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)– A new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)– A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
You must inform The Camp Manager and/or Head Office in the event of experiencing any symptoms.
As a childcare provider, we understand the importance of keeping all children, staff and families who visit our sites safe. It is great that we can welcome back children to our camps to finally experience outdoor play, activities and all of the social benefits that come from time spent at camp.
Protect your bookings against any COVID-19 cancellations or missed days through illness or injury and receive a full refund of your course fees. Only £2 per day. T&Cs apply.
Designed by Primary School Teachers to aid the development of children in early years education (schoolgoing 4 to 6 year-olds).
For girls and boys aged 7 to 12 years who want to explore and develop their creative side, while still being active and having time to chill.
Action-packed, fun-filled days for boys and girls aged 7 to 12 years, jammed full of team sports and adventurous activities.
5 DAYS FOR THE PRICE OF 4!
Money Back Guarantee Childcare Vouchers Accepted
Don't miss out on the fun!
SUMMER CAMPS CONFIRMED TO RETURN IN...
OUTSTANDING VENUES ACROSS SUFFOLK AND ESSEX
School’s Out Activities offers the most prestigious school holiday venues as camp locations. We look for schools that provide a convenient location for customers with easy access to make the morning run and pick up just that little bit easier to fit around your working day.
We look for local venues with outstanding facilities to provide the best experience for our children.
- Bury St Edmunds – South Lee School
- Ipswich High School
- Colchester Royal Grammar School
- Woodbridge School
WHO ARE SCHOOL'S OUT ACTIVITIES?
School’s Out Activities are focused on delivering premium school holiday activities to children aged 4–16 years throughout the academic year.
Our mission is to provide a flexible and reliable service that is trusted by parents whilst creating such a memorable experience for children they cannot wait to come back, week-after-week!
- Over 15 years’ experience delivering school holiday activity camps
- Qualified, award-winning staff
- Teaching skills for life in a fun, active, empowering way
- Excellent staff to children ratios
- Unique and exciting activities you won’t get to try anywhere else
- 5-star testimonials from parents across our review platforms
SAFE AND SECURE ACTIVITY CAMPS FOR CHILDREN
Here at School’s Out Activities we know how important and paramount the safety of your child is. That is why we provide a complete Peace of Mind for all parents and guardians so you know your child is having fun in a safe and secure environment.
- Early Years registered with Ofsted
- Outstanding Ofsted report
- All staff DBS and reference checked
- All staff Safeguarding and Prevent trained
- Paediatric First Aiders at all venues
- Comprehensive risk assessments
- Childcare activity insurance
- Rated 5 stars on Trustpilot
Check out the school holidays that are coming up and book your child(ren) onto a fun-filled day camp at one of our prestigious venues in Suffolk and Essex.